18th December 2017
York Hospital Radio has unveiled its Christmas schedule for 2017 for listeners in the York Hospital, and for the first time ever, for online listeners via www.yorkhospitalradio.com
The volunteer broadcasters have created a special yuletide feast of programmes to entertain patients who have to remain in hospital over Christmas.
- · Christmas Eve : live programmes from 6am – 3pm with the best in Christmas music and entertainment
- · The ever popular Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols live from York Minster
- · Overtones in concert at York Barbican
- · Christmas Day : live programmes from 8am – 10am, and a special show to accompany Christmas lunch, including a special message by The Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu
- · The NHS Carol Concert recorded at York Minster
- · The Community Carol Concert recorded at York Barbican
- · Boxing Day : The Choir Festival recorded earlier this year at the Joseph Rowntree Theatre
From Wednesday 27 December onwards, York Hospital Radio will play music from particular decades from the 1960s onwards, and on New Year’s Eve will feature music exclusively from 2017.
Finally, New Year’s Day will include live commentary on York City’s home game against North Ferriby United.
Ian Clennan, chairman of York Hospital Radio, said: “We always try to create a very special schedule to keep patients entertained at this very special time of the year, and to make it that little bit easier to have to spend Christmas in hospital. This year we have aimed to feature several festive events around the city, which listeners may otherwise have missed.”
York Hospital Radio is a registered charity, broadcasting 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to the York Hospital, and also online and via a free app.Sneakers Store | Women's Nike Superrep